Glenn Irwin celebrated a hat-trick of wins in Round 1 of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Silverstone after dominating race three.
Despite his race two crash, Bradley Ray started from pole after setting the fastest lap.
Lining-up second was Ray’s Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha team-mate Kyle Ryde, while Rory Skinner was third for the second consecutive race.
In the final race of the weekend, Rory Skinner launched the FS-3 Racing Kawasaki into the lead on the opening lap ahead of his Honda rival and Andrew Irwin on the SYNETIQ BMW.
On lap four, Glenn Irwin captured the lead whilst his brother Andrew moved into second place on lap 6 to make it an Irwin 1-2
The leading group became a freight train of seven riders with McAMS Yamaha’s Jason O’Halloran and Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha pairing of Bradley Ray, Kyle Ryde plus Tommy Bridewell and Danny Buchan.
Ray had been dicing with Andrew Irwin throughout the closing stages, but the Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha rider emerged ahead. Ray had enough pace to hold off Andrew Irwin who became the fifth different podium finisher of the opening round.
Buchan was also in the mix and trying to move ahead of his SYNETIQ BMW teammate, but on the penultimate lap, he ran wide at Brooklands and lost ground. Skinner and O’Halloran seized their opportunity to move ahead and the pair held on to fourth and fifth ahead of Buchan as they crossed the line for the final time.
Bridewell was seventh on the leading Ducati to hold off Lee Jackson on the second FS-3 Racing Kawasaki. Peter Hickman and Kyle Ryde completed the top ten, as Christian Iddon and Tom Neave just missed out the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Silverstone, Race 3 result:
1. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK)
2. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +0.864s
3. Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +2.487s
4. Rory Skinner (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +2.550s
5. Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +2.693s
6. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +2.969s
7. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +4.183s
8. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +4.242s
9. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +6.017s
10. Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +11.257s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings after Silverstone:
1. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) 75
2. Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 46
3. Rory Skinner (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 42
4. Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) 37
5. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 36
6. Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 32
7. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 28
8. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 26